What is Suomen Kansallismuseo?
The National Museum of Finland presents Finnish history from the Stone Age to the present day, through objects and cultural history. The Finnish National Romantic style building is located in central Helsinki and is a part of the National Board of Antiquities, under the Ministry of Culture and Educatio
-National Museum of Finland @ Wikipedia.com
This beautiful, castle-like building located just next to the house of parliament in downtown Helsinki, is the place to learn about the history of Finland. Easily accessible and boasting temporary and permanent exhibitions, it is a great institution to visit while in Helsinki.
How to Get to Kansallismuseo - National Museum of Finland?
Address: Mannerheimintie 34, 00100 Helsinki
From Downtown Helsinki:
- Easily accessible by walking from anywhere in downtown Helsinki
- Next to trams and buses going north along Mannerheimintie
- Reachable by yellow citybike
Phone: +358 295 33 6000
What to do at Kansallismuseo - National Museum of Finland?
Three main reasons to visit Kansallismuseo:
- Visit the permanent exhibition to learn about Finnish history and culture
- See and learn about the traditional Finnish lifestyle and household items.
- Temporary exhibitions have interesting themes that vary
Kansallismuseo is in Töölö-district, which has many interesting shops and old buildings. Helsinki Rock Church is just a short walk away. Good restaurants nearby for lunch and some popular places to have drinks in the evening.